Applications are now closed.
Thanks to everyone who applied –
you’ll be hearing from us soon!
Last year’s summer apprenticeship program was a blast. Alongside three fantastic apprentices, we worked on 14 different projects, spanning branding, web design, furniture design, architectural design, and public art.The five of us learned so much together – and this year we’re doing it again.
The Apprenticeship Program
Work-Shop is super excited to offer an immersive apprenticeship program for the Summer of 2018. Students and recent graduates of colleges in Rhode Island will join our team and participate in a variety of creative consulting and design projects for clients around Rhode Island and the country. Apprentices will develop and exercise their skills, while gaining hands-on experience in how a design firm builds ideas, interacts with clients, and executes projects.
Ideal candidates are spring 2018 graduates from Rhode Island colleges and universities. We are seeking 2-3 apprentices and will look to formulate a diverse team with complementary and supplementary skill sets.
The position will either be full-time or part-time – based on our needs and each apprentice’s availability. The majority of the work will take place at our office in Downtown Providence, so living near or in Providence during the summer is a must. These are paid positions, wage commensurate with experience.
The program is 8 weeks, from July 3rd – August 24th. We may be able to accommodate some flexibility in this schedule. Graduating students demonstrating exceptional performance and interest may be extended ongoing offers after the conclusion of the program.
What you might work on
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
- Branding and Identity Design
- Interior Architecture and Interior Design
- Business Development
- Organizational Strategy
- Social Programming (like Workshops and Events)
- Contribute to the design and execution of client and internal projects
- Creatively solve problems under a deadline
- Execute deliverables according to a clear specification
- Research and develop a personal project
- Yes, some administrative work (but never get us coffee unless you want to).
Requirements + Eligibility
- Currently enrolled in or graduating from a college or university in Rhode Island.
- Graduating in either 2018 or 2019*
- Living in or near Providence, Rhode Island for the summer
- Interested in design across disciplines and methodologies.
- Excited about a systematic approach to problem solving.
- Highly collaborative.
- Reliable and responsible.
- Interested in learning and helping others learn.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
*This year, we’re only accepting applications from rising and graduating seniors, and grad students.
Nice to have:
- Graduating Spring 2018 from a Rhode Island College or University.
- Front-end Web Development Skills: HTML, SCSS, and JS.
- Marketing Experience
- Interest in Leadership and Strategic Development
- Proficient in Sketch